The Chanel Haute Couture show is one of those events I look most forward to.
Anna dello Russo
Anna dello Russo
Emma Oak & Nadja Bender
Juliette Fazekas & Eleonore Toulin
Saskia de Brauw
Shu Pei & Ming Xi
Not that I have ever gotten an invitation to the show (so far) but I still get to see the gorgeous collection online and dream about that time I will get to cover one of Karl’s shows backstage & runway. (Because trust me, I will eventually).
In the meantime I contempt myself with feeling close enough to my dream (just the huge wall of the Grand Palais separates me from my objective), and I entertain myself shooting the fabulous and very privileged attendees.
Chanel’s street style is usually one of the best, but then during Haute Couture it gets even better. Every one takes out their fanciest Chanel possessions; from jewelry to shoes, clothes and of course handbags of all sorts, shapes and colors!
If this isn’t eye-candy, I don’t know what is.
What stood out the most to me was:
– Sofie Valkiers’ super cute Mary Katrantzou dress.
– The super colorful SS14 RTW Chanel dress and bag (the one that looks like watercolor rainbows).
– Carine Roitfeld’s silver glitter pumps (anyone knows the designer?)
– The oh-so-chic Chanel perfume clutches (both in black and transparent).
– Anya Ziourova’s Pierre Hardy “eye” sandals.
– Charlotte Free’s hilarious toad bag.
– Grace Mahary’s normcore outfit (I want-need it).
– Shu Pei’s beautiful Maison Michel blue hat.
So, what about you? What stood out the most to you from these looks?
I hope you enjoy the photos and get inspired by the glory of Chanel Haute Couture!
All photos by me. All rights reserved. © Ylenia Cuéllar.